UGC Post Graduate Merit Scholarship 2022 for University Rank Holders for PG Program । How to apply for PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2022 । Eligibility for PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2022
The Post Graduation Merit Scholarship is exclusively available for the students who have secured good marks in the latest examination of their Post Graduation course which they are taking. You will know more about the scholarship scheme in PG Scholarships for University Rank Holders. You must be reading about the eligibility criteria and step-by-step application process through which you will be able to apply for this Post Graduation Merit Scholarship.
PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2022
The University Grants Commission (UGC) launched the Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship Scheme for University Under Graduate rank holders. The scholarship is applicable only for PG courses. The scholarship will be available only to first rank holders in universities. The main objective of the scholarship is to strengthen the higher education system in the country. The objective of the scheme is to attract talent for pursuing postgraduate studies besides strengthening the basic subjects at the undergraduate level. The awardees under this scheme can pursue their postgraduate program in any field of specialization in any institution of higher education in the country.
PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2022 – Highlights
|How to Apply|
PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2022 – Benefits
The following benefits will be available to the candidates in this scholarship:-
- Amount of Fellowship: Rs.3,100/- per month for a period of two years only i.e. the entire duration of the PG course.
- No additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel fee and medical fee etc.
- The student who is awarded Post Graduate Scholarship for University Rank holders will not be debarred from accepting any other scholarship.
PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders-Course or Field Details
Candidate who want to apply in this scholarship scheme must related to the given courses or study field -:
- Life Science
- Physical Science
- Chemical Science
- Earth Science
- Mathematical Science
- Social Science
PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2022 – Reward Amount
Selected Students Will receive 3100 INR Per Month for 2 years . The scholarship will be applicable for all universities. One person from each university will be selected for the scholarship.
PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2022 – Eligibility Criteria
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria:-
- Applicants age should be less than 30 years.
- Applicant should be pursuing post graduate course from any affiliated University (Central/State) or Deemed Universities/Private Universities/25 Autonomous Colleges/Non-Affiliated Colleges.
- Applicant must be a rank holder (1st or 2nd) in the previous graduation examination.
- Applicant must have completed graduation in one of the following subjects: life sciences, physical sciences, chemistry, earth sciences, mathematical sciences, social sciences, commerce, or languages.
- Applicant must have secured minimum 60% marks in graduation.
Disbursal of PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2022
The disbursement process for the scholarship is as follows:-
- After selection, the scholarship will be paid in DBT mode to the awardees.
- The list of awardees will be pushed by NIC to the Public Financial Management System (PFMS).
- PFMS will prepare the payment files of the awardees and the scholarship will be paid for the entire duration of the postgraduate course. Payment will be generated on an annual basis.
PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders – Important Dates
|Application Closed Date||31/12/2021|
|Last date for institute verification /Defect Verification||15/01/2022|
How to Renewal PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2022
You can renew your scholarship by following the simple procedure given below:-
- The scholarship awarded under this scheme will be kept renewed during the period of the postgraduate course subject to the maintenance of good conduct and prescribed attendance.
- The scholarship will be renewed for the next year of study upon receipt of the renewal form.
- The scholarship of students who fail to be promoted to the next class/level will be forfeited.
- No change in the course of study will be allowed.
- The implementation and monitoring of this scheme will be done by the UGC.
- The award winners from previous years will continue to follow the UGC pattern of assistance through designated bank branches of Canara Bank
Cancellation of PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2022
Cancellation of scholarship can happen in any of the following cases:-
- Misconduct, if any, on the part of the awardee reported by the University/Institute.
- Unsatisfactory progress report (i.e. if the candidate secures less than 60% marks in the first year of the Masters programme).
The candidate is required to submit an application in the prescribed format-:
- Attested copy of University Bachelors degree.
- Matriculation certificate.
- A verification certificate by the institute where the students have taken admission in the first year PG Duration.
- Prescribed Format of Provisional Rank Certificate from University/Autonomous College.
The certificate is to be submitted by the concerned University/Institute to the UGC. Every year the University/Institute shall submit a compiled statement for the following:
- Details giving the names of the students selected for the scholarship and the details of the receipt of their scholarship amount.
- Progress report to be submitted after the first year of award giving the percentage of marks obtained by the candidates
- Utility Certificate .
How to Apply PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2022
To apply for the scholarship we need to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal by clicking on the link given here.
- The homepage of the scholarship will open on your screen.
- Now you have to register yourself.
- Click on the option named New Registration.
- A new page will open on your screen.
- Directions will open on your screen.
- You need to read the guidelines carefully.
- Now , tick mark on announcement.
- click continue
- Registration form will open on your screen
- You need to register yourself successfully
- Now you need to log in using your credentials,
- Now click on the scholarship you want.
- Fill the application form successfully.
- Then ,upload all documents.
- Finally submit your form.
How to Check Status of PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders
If any candidate want to check their scholarships status of PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders then follow the given steps-;
- Firstly, Open the official website https://www.ugc.ac.in/urh/
- Click on Edit/Print Link,
- Status form of already registered candidates will appear on the screen
- fill all the details
- Click on Search Link
- The application status will appear on the screen.
PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders Contact Details
Address: University Grants Commission [UGC]
Selection And Award Bureau
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg
New Delhi -110002
FAQs – PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2022
How can i apply for PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders ?
If you are eligible and fulfill all scholarship criteria then you can apply for this scholarship scheme via national scholarship portal .
What is the minimum percentage for PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders ?
The minimum percentage for this scholarship is 60% in graduation .
UGC Rank Holder Scholarship Amount ?
The selected candidate get 3100 INR per month in this scholarship program .
Related Posts :
- Sonu Sood Scholarship 2021-22 Apply Now
- Assam Post-Matric Scholarship for ST Students
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship 2021-22
- Oasis Scholarship Status 2021
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Amount 2021
- Aalo Scholarship 2021: Application Form, Last Date, Eligibility
- Hindi Scholarship Scheme West Bengal
- GP Birla Scholarship 2021: Last Date, Eligibility
- Nabanna Scholarship 2021
- Anant Merit Scholarship 2021:Last date, Eligibility